WHO KNEW THE ANSWER TO DISTRESSED HAIR WAS RIGHT IN OUR KITCHEN
We have recently spent some time reflecting on everything we learned throughout our journey, and today we were reminiscing back to our time in Greece. This country was filled with so much love and joy and how could we forget Eleni’s and Georges beautiful family and their delicious cooking. This then got thinking about ‘olive oil’- this is the Greek’s absolute go-to oil and we’re not surprised, as it offers an array of health benefits.
After doing a bit more research into the superfood oil, it turns out olive oil, can also make for an excellent hair treatment. This news was perfect timing, with winter well and truly here, our hair is definitely on the dryer side and in need for some ultra-deep hydration. The best part about this effective hair treatment is that it can be made within seconds and the results are simply amazing.
Benefits of Olive Oil Hair Treatment:
- Olive oil contains antioxidants, which have the ability to rid harmful free radicals from both your hair and scalp.
- The nasty free radicals are what contribute to premature aging therefore by protecting your hair follicles with antioxidants’ it has the ability to help with hair loss.
- As Olive oil is an emollient, it allows the oil to penetrate to a deeper level of the hair shaft than most other oils. This aids in keeping your hair shiny, health and hydrated.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 tablespoons of olive oil (this is for medium length hair, if its long add accordingly)
- Towel or shower cap
- Essential Oil of your choice (optional) we used peppermint.
- Warm the oil in a heat proof pot or container on the stove top. Don’t over heat the oil as you want it to be at a room temperate for your application.
- Apply the oil to the scalp and massage down to the end of the hair.
- Wrap your hair up with a warm damp towel and let the oil penetrate for 30 minutes.
- Shampoo twice when finished.