EMU OIL – THE ELIXIR OF LIFE.
During our time in Australia we were fortunate enough to come across one of the Aussies sacred natural remedies - ‘Emu Oil’. The aboriginals discovered the oil many centuries ago and originally used it as a natural anti-inflammatory.
How the oil works:
Emu oil is derived from the fat of Australia’s native, flightless bird - the Emu. Emu oils fat mimics the oil found in humans skin and has the ability to be absorbed and penetrate substansially faster into skin than other oils.
Emu oil is also used as type of natural therapy to reduce inflammation in the body. “Emu Heaven Golden Emu Oil contains the combination of Omega 9, 3 & 6. While Omega 3 Essential fatty acid is what’s believed to be key to a healthy and optimal functioning brain and heart. It’s believed the balance of Omega 9,3 & 6 is the secret weapon in making Emu oil so powerful.” – Emu Heaven.
Other key components to Emu oil include:
• Vitamin A, which is used for both skin repairing and antioxidants
• Linoleic acid, this helps to alleviate both muscle aches and joint pain
• Oleic acid, used as a skin cell regenerator and anti-wrinkle agent
• Sapogens, skin softener
• Terpines, used as an antiseptic
Emu oil benefits:
Emu oil can penetrate a lot deeper into the body and thus has the ability to directly target both your muscles and joints at an accelerated pace. It can also further assist in reducing the below:
- Joint pain
- Muscle pain
Moisturising Properties and All things Skin:
Nowadays Emu oil is being used in many skincare products, as it containts both oleic acid and antioxidants properties. The oil is also trusted to offer skin cell regenerator/anti- wrinkle agents. This is due to its ability to hydrate and moisturise and all round replenish dry skin - making it a miracle for turning back the clock. Other benefits for Emu Oils moisturising properties include:
• Conditions rough elbows, knees and heels
• replenishing hands and cuticles
• Reduces itching and inflammation associated with dry skin
• Protect the face and hands from wind and weather
In addition to offering anti-aging and hydrating properties, the oil can also help with reducing the appearance of:
• Sun Damage
• Damaged skin after Surgery
• Damaged skin after Injury
• Damaged skin from Acne
• Damaged skin from Pregnancy
How to use the oil:
- Pour a minimal amount of oil onto the palm of your (clean) hands and apply directly to desired area.
- You do not have to rub the oil all the way in as it will penetrate and absorb naturally. Your skin should not feel oily, if so this can be an indication you have used to much oil.
- If you have a bath at home, you can also pour 1 teaspoon of Emu oil into your bath water, along with any other essential oils you may want to add for a fragrance- bath as long as you like.